(Mass Media Release) BRITS KEEP CALM AND STAY IN
New study reveals money pressures are leaving Brits unhappy with their social lives
· Overall, 38% (14M) Brits unhappy with their social lives
· Nearly a quarter (24%) stay in on Saturday nights due to money worries
· Three quarters (77%) havenâ€˜t yet made plans for NYE and over half (53%) expect to stay in
· Over a third (36%) of Brits wonâ€˜t be having a Christmas party this year
· 1 in 10 Brits stay in on a Saturday night to watch shows like X-Factor
· ´Eating Outâ€˜ is nationâ€˜s most popular pastime (40%), drinking in the pub trails behind (29%)
16th November 2011: A new survey commissioned by Badooo, the worldâ€˜s largest social network for meeting new people, today reveals the average Britâ€˜s social life is suffering due to financial pressures and stresses of modern life. Almost a quarter of us (24%) admit to not going out on a Saturday night due to money worries and over a third (38%) stay in regularly because they need to relax.
The poll of over 2,000 adults in the UK, gives an insight into the ´average Britâ€˜sâ€˜ social life in 2011 and reveals we arenâ€˜t the sociable nation you might think. Almost a third of respondents (32%) admit to staying in every Saturday night. It seems even the festive season canâ€˜t coax us into socialising more with a quarter (25%) of respondents saying they wonâ€˜t increase the amount they go out during the Christmas period. New Year 2012 might be a damp squib since over three quarters of us (77%) havenâ€˜t yet made plans for New Yearâ€˜s Eve and over half (53%) expect to be staying in. With companies having to tighten their belts, over a third of respondents said they wonâ€˜t be having an office Christmas party (36%).
Based on a typical week, nearly a quarter of respondents (23%) said they didnâ€˜t go out at all, and just over a third (36%) go out just once a week. But it seems we arenâ€˜t happy with our social situations; over a third of respondents (38%) admitted to wanting a better social life and almost half (49%) said they feel that if they had an easier way to meet new people their social life would improve.
An Average Saturday Night in Britain…
The results of the research give Saturday night the official title of most popular night of the week to go out, chosen by almost half of the respondents (45%). Friday night comes a close second (33%) but unsurprisingly Monday and Sunday are the least popular days to socialise.
Whilst relaxing and saving money are the top reasons for choosing not to go out on the weekâ€˜s most sociable night, despite tumbling ratings more than 1 in 10 people admit to staying in to watch shows like the X Factor.
A Nation of Foodies…
Surprisingly it isnâ€˜t visiting the local boozer that takes the crown for the most popular British pastime but ´eating outâ€˜. Restaurants took 40% of the votes surpassing the pub (29%), cinema (10%), theatre (6%), attending sporting events (5%) and nightclubs (4%).
Donâ€˜t wait up…
Or rather, do. Later licenses made much of an impact on the time we get home. On average the most popular time to get back from a night out is 11pm with a third of people choosing this time, almost a quarter (24%) chose midnight. Only 10% chose 1am and just 6% arrived home at 2am.
The Morning After…
Despite our ´Booze Britainâ€˜ image it seems weâ€˜re fairly clean living with more than two thirds of people saying they didnâ€˜t suffer from hangovers at all (68%) in an average week. Almost 1 in 5 (20%) of us have a hangover once a week and less than 1% of respondents admitted to being hung over more than four times a week.
Lloyd Price, a spokesman for Badoo.com, which carried out the study, commented: Ã¢â‚¬Å“Brits have a reputation for always being out having a good time but our survey shows that perhaps people arenâ€˜t as sociable as we might think. Money worries are certainly having an impact but itâ€˜s clear that people would welcome new ways to meet like-minded people to improve their social life. Badoo helps you find and meet up with people who have similar interests in your local area no costly trips or dates to meet up, and the service is free to use.Ã¢â‚¬
Check Out These Popular Articles
- Ofidisma distribuidor oficial de Interstuhl, productor de sillas
- Fisioterapeuta en Bilbao
- Merkem Pest Solutions Is the Best Bed Bug Exterminator Toronto
- CleanGo GreenGo Solidifies Position as a Premier Non Toxic Child and Pet
- Diplomatic Affairs- Newspaper for GOV IUKAC Empire and kingdom of New Spain
- Tyker Keep Canine Companions Safe In All Weathers, With Primaloft Dog Coats
- Life Management Clinic bringing on top PR Consultant Dr. Linjie Zanadu
- House Lock Change To Provision It’s Services In Denver CO
- Una plantadora de patatas te facilitarÃ¡ el cultivo
- Federal Remodel Incentive Programs and Tax Relief Options Homeowners Can Benefit From