17, July 2017: Bump keys are a major cause of concern to law enforcement authorities in Austin. These are keys that were originally used only by locksmiths open a lock. But now that bump keys are sold on sites such as eBay, almost anyone can get their hands on them. Authorities blame bump keys for the spate of burglaries across the country.
Bump keys are so effective because they don’t leave behind any trace whatsoever. In many cases, people don’t realize until too late that they have been burglarized. One homeowner, Michelle James, said she had no idea that someone had broken into her home until a few days later when she realized that many of her precious belongings were missing. It was only later when she went to the police that she saw the surveillance video with a couple of teenagers running off with the things that they had taken from her house.
Michelle says, “Gosh, it was so dreadful. I couldn’t for the life of me figure out how they did that, as I always thought that my home security was perfect and that there was nothing to worry about. The police officers then said that the burglars had used a bump key – no house was safe because of that.”
The suspects have since been arrested, but there seems to be no end in sight to burglaries in Austin. A local locksmith company, Henry's Lock & Key now offers free home security audits to all customers as a complementary service, where they look into the vulnerabilities in the home security.
Mr. Henry, a veteran locksmith technician who works for the company said, “I really think a law should be made where it is illegal for anyone except a licensed locksmith to carry a bump key. Regardless, there are some locks that are resistant to bump keys in most cases. During the home security audit, we look at how we can improve the home security. One of the things we do is to advice homeowners to replace their old locks with those that are much stronger and bump-proof.”
Mr. Henry recommends investing in bump-proof locks such as those made by Medeco and Mul-T-Lock.
About Henry's Lock & Key:
Henry's Lock & Key is a leading provider of residential, commercial and automotive locksmith services in Austin, Texas. They have been in operation since 2008 and are noted for their excellent customer service. Visit their website at www.automotivelocksmithaustin.com to know more.
For Media Contact:
Company: Henry's Lock & Key
Address: 3210 Esperanza Crossing #5128
City, State, Country: Austin, Texas, 78758 USA
Check Out These Popular Articles
- Anyone can mine? Full analysis of BILL mining mechanism
- Government Agency Investigating Wuzhou International Holdings Ltd (1369.HK)
- The Republic of Vanuatu Offers Exciting Agricultural Property Investment
- De Samsung Galaxy S4? Wij zijn er klaar voor!
- Brothers Shield Releases “Sneeze Guard” to Help with the Spread of COVID-19
- Tyker Keep Canine Companions Safe In All Weathers, With Primaloft Dog Coats
- Life Management Clinic bringing on top PR Consultant Dr. Linjie Zanadu
- House Lock Change To Provision It’s Services In Denver CO
- Una plantadora de patatas te facilitarÃ¡ el cultivo
- Federal Remodel Incentive Programs and Tax Relief Options Homeowners Can Benefit From