One of my favorite ways to spend a weekend is at car shows. I’ll admit that I was never raised to think much about cars or to consider looking at cars fun. When I married my husband, however, all of that changed. He is a car fanatic and he took me to car shows from the second week that I met him.
The first few weekends I spent at car shows it was not too exciting for me. I went because he loved them, and that was good enough for me. I found myself much more interested in the people that attended the car shows than in the actual cars at the car shows. I would wander with my husband and his other car-loving friends but my mind would wander aimlessly to anything other than the cars.
I guess my love for car shows began as I began to force myself to pay attention to what was happening around me at the shows. I began to listen to my husband as he tried to teach me all of the important things to know about the various makes and models of the classic cars at the car shows. Instead of ignoring him, I listened and I found that I really liked learning about cars. And the more I looked to the people around me, I found that I liked what I saw in them and I wanted to really be a part of these car shows.
I went out on a limb and bought an old classic car for my husband to restore and then enter in car shows. I have never seen such a surprised but thrilled look on someone’s face as on the day that I bought that car for him. He spent the next two years out in our garage fixing up every part of that car. I should have known that I was signing myself up to never see him. It didn’t matter though, because he loved it so much.
It was with great pride that he entered his restored car into several car shows in our area. We spent many weekends at these car shows and instead of wandering around the shows, now we were stationed near our car to talk about it with pride and to explain it to other wanderers. I loved those weekends, and I loved feeling the pride that my husband had for his car.
Car shows really are a great way to spend time. Be careful though, because once you start enjoying them you just might get hooked. I did, and I’ve recently begun working to restore a little beauty of my own to enter in future car shows.
We’re dedicated to help you get bad credit car loans approved.
Car loans in Canada with the lowest rates and best bad credit Car Loans Prince Albert
Check Out These Popular Articles
- Fighting Asian racism and calling for equality for all
- Family Tree In-Home Care opens new office in Austin, Texas
- Osaka AOKEY IX Steals the Show at The Japan International VAPE Exhibition
- SAP Nederland bekroont meest succesvolle partners van 2012
- Catalytic converter cleaning product recommended for longevity, fuel efficiency
- Una plantadora de patatas te facilitarÃ¡ el cultivo
- Website Announces List of Top Verified Tipsters for Soccer Predictions
- Life Management Clinic bringing on top PR Consultant Dr. Linjie Zanadu
- Linear Actuators 101 – All there is to Know about Linear Actuators
- Anyone can mine? Full analysis of BILL mining mechanism