BOSTON, Mass., NOV 14, 2019 - Slick Energy and The Slick Degrees Foundation recognize Veterans Day and National Veterans and Military Families Month by announcing a special initiative that honors American service members, past and present.
Slick, a regional leader in home heating oil delivery, is offering free oil to select veterans and active duty military families. To spread the warmth and expand their impact, Slick is kicking off a GoFundMe campaign on Veterans Day. 100% of the funds raised during this campaign will go directly to military families in MA, NH, and RI. And there’s more: Slick will match current customers’ referral bonuses, and new customer bonuses, too--more ways to meet their $10,000 goal.
Slick is confident that this targeted outreach will benefit some of the approximately 330,000 veterans and 18,000 active duty military/reservists* who call Massachusetts home.
Slick Co-founder Chris Buchanan explains the reasoning behind the initiative: “Heating a home throughout the winter can cost upwards of $2500. By implementing this special offer and encouraging others to join us in honoring those who currently serve and those who have defended our country in the past, we are actively engaging in the communities Slick serves.”
In 2018, Slick’s philanthropic arm, The Slick Degrees Foundation, dedicated Veterans & Military Families as a top funding and service priority. The impact is twofold: ease the worry of active duty military service members and support veterans who may struggle to pay costly home heating bills.
Slick Co-founder PJ Solomon adds: “Last month, we rolled out our Tank You For Your Service initiative for active duty military families and now, on Veterans Day, we decided to open this effort up to other Massachusetts businesses, Slick customers, and community members. We take care of the logistics and give our predetermined amount, but GoFundMe allows us to optimize our impact. Collectively, we can help these very important community members prepare their homes for the winter months.”
ABOUT SLICK ENERGY:
As a leading provider of home heating oil, we are not only deeply committed to providing the best service and price, we are committed to improving the communities where we operate and the lives of the people who call them home.
Currently, a portion of every single gallon of heating oil purchased through Slick goes directly into The Slick Degrees Foundation, which focuses on the following impact areas: Kids & Education, Food & Housing Insecurity, and Veterans/Military Families.
*source: Massachusetts Military Support Foundation
Check Out These Popular Articles
- Anyone can mine? Full analysis of BILL mining mechanism
- Government Agency Investigating Wuzhou International Holdings Ltd (1369.HK)
- The Republic of Vanuatu Offers Exciting Agricultural Property Investment
- De Samsung Galaxy S4? Wij zijn er klaar voor!
- Brothers Shield Releases “Sneeze Guard” to Help with the Spread of COVID-19
- Tyker Keep Canine Companions Safe In All Weathers, With Primaloft Dog Coats
- Life Management Clinic bringing on top PR Consultant Dr. Linjie Zanadu
- House Lock Change To Provision It’s Services In Denver CO
- Una plantadora de patatas te facilitarÃ¡ el cultivo
- Federal Remodel Incentive Programs and Tax Relief Options Homeowners Can Benefit From